Saturday, September 13, 2003

Newsflash Newsflash! (5 month old news actually!)

My brain cells die at an exponential rate with each passing year... I have just realised (Yep! No excuse for this! After 5 whole months!) that I have forgotten to put this important news into my blog. I have got a new hamster!! Not very new actually... It's already 6 months old (Taking into account, that hamsters have a general lifespan of 1.5-2 years!! He's going through his quarter life crsis!!!). Lena gave him to me for my birthday! To replace Hammie (Oiy! Aren't you proud that I named my last hamster after you?!) whom I have left behind in Germany.

Annd... His name is... (Ta da!!) PUDDING! His godmother (aka Lena Mama) has criticised this name, citing that it's totally unoriginal... Acks! He is a Winter White Pudding (Name of his breed). And it is really coincidental that Mango Pudding is one of my (numerous) favourite desserts!! Yum yum!! But, little did I know, that this name would be his downfall..... The little hamster has evolved into a wobbly, orange pudding on little patter feet, living up to his namesake.

No amount of exercise nor dieting can alter his bottom heavy figure. I think Marie France or Expressions would do very well to come up with a Hamster Fats Reducing Programme. I am patiently waiting for this day to arrive, so that my little (or not so little) Pudding can recover his slim figure. Meanwhile, it's back to good ole Hamster Ball!!

No comments: